Awards, Professional Speaking Credits and Associations
- Past President NSANZ National Speakers Association NZ
- Convenor 2 International Speakers Conferences NSANZ
- Awarded ASM—Accredited Speaking member 2000
- Most Awarded Speaker NSANZ 2001
- NSANZ 2002 Speaker of the year ( Spirit of Excellence Award winner 2002 ) - to honour both excellence in the speaking profession and contributions to the speaking industry of New Zealand.
- Multi Award Winning Radio program - Radio Improv - Joy in the moment. Winner 2010 Best Production - Winner 2011, 2012 and 2013 Peoples Choice Award
- Founding Trustee Centre for Compassion NZ ,
- Member International Humour Foundation
Member NZ Association Positive Psychology
- Member Australian Centre on Quality of Life
Awards Giving And Receiving
Radio Improv - Joy in the Moment
In 2014, Pat was recognized at a prestigious Civic Reception in Auckland for her services to the NZ community by supporting people moving through grief, loss and difficult times. Her Radio program brought inspiration and hope to thousands of listeners locally and globally.as she demonstrated how peace and joy can be found even in challenging times.
Pictured with Mayor Len Brown, and in the rear, her panel support, Caleb Hunuki.
When it comes to Awards, Pat believes in giving and receiving. For several years Pat conducted the NZ Humour in Business Awards, an annual event designed to foster the notion of what it means to be good humoured and the role of fun and joy in the workplace. Canyon Swing Queenstown were the winners in the 2nd year of its conduct. Pat says "From the moment the apparently blind driver picks you in town, leading you with his blind mans cane to the car, then executing a 16 point turn to get our of the car park ...with his cane out the window feeling the way...to the moment you are dropped off the swing ...the crew align 100% safety with outrageous hilarity and fun. They deserved to win"
Humour Awards Judges - left to right
Pat Armitstead ( convenor ), Wade Jackson - Improv Bandits, and Dr Barbara Plester - Auckland University
Seated Tony Falkenstein - Red Eagle Inc
Tony Falkenstein (pictured seated) from Red Eagle Corporation, said "Business is about only two things – fun and profit. Successful companies are able to combine these two attributes, and the Humour Awards ensures that we recognise the fun part of business.”